On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Lzaro Armando <lazaro / hcg.sld.cu> wrote:

> Many newb programmers (ruby users) value the lang by its standard
> library. In countries like this, where internet is lucrative, use gem
> is not a option, but, thats is not a problem. Many times, I told to
> people (super developed countries people); for example "with ruby,
> just like it, you can do that".

Is there a case for a "batteries included" distribution of Ruby that ships
with a larger set of gems, i.e. mail, nokogiri, (maybe?) activesupport, so
that you can get a more useful library in a single download/session at the
cost of download size and storage space, while allowing others to just
download the core ruby, and being able to grab that functionality from gems
when necessary?