--nextPart1523303.D4bGCIu2Gi

On Tuesday 18 November 2014 14:23:58, Boris Atanasov <sata / mail.bg> wro=
te:
> Thanks to all you for answers. It was great help, especially on you B=
ruka.
> Maybe I should start to learn them later. However they are very excit=
ing
> tool and maybe I'll read meanwhile.
>=20
>=20
> ----- =D0=A6=D0=B8=D1=82=D0=B0=D1=82 =D0=BE=D1=82 bruka (bruka@idatai=
nc.com), =D0=BD=D0=B0 18.11.2014 =D0=B2 16:03
> -----  Getting back to the original question:
>=20
>=20
> Is it really important to know very well regular expressions,
> if I am not going to be a web designer?
> What about a web developer?
>=20
>=20
> Regular expressions are a vast and beautiful subject. However for
> someone starting out in the field, I would consider them lower
> priority. You should first get a couple of programming languages unde=
> your belt, some basic SQL, a framework or 2, and in the process you'r=
> bound to pick up some regex.

This might become a flame war, and certainly opens up a lot of possibil=
ities=20
for discussion, but I would never discard regulard expressions as lower=
=20
priority.=20

RegExpes are not hard to learn, especially if you cover the basics. Mas=
tering=20
them, of course, is an entirely different topic, but that doesn't mean =
that=20
you should learn them later. Parsing strings is much more common work t=
han one=20
might think, and being proficient with the basics of regular expression=
s=20
really helps a lot. At least, its better than to use all the other awkw=
ard=20
string function just to get pieces extracted from a string.

Once you've covered the basics of regular expressions, you'll never nee=
d any=20
other string search/concat/edit function. Plus, regexpes work nearly=20=

everywhere.

Just my two cents.
=09=09=09--- Eric