On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Panagiotis Atmatzidis
<atma / convalesco.org> wrote:

> IMHO that's the most difficult programming problem: design :-)

And actually the most important one because it determines how you
reason about code, how well other people will be able to read it and
in what ways you can extend it.

> I don't think anyone can answer the question from the introduction you gave. In order for anyone to really help, you should provide at least *some* chunk of code, to see how it is structured.

I beg to differ in this case. It is pretty obvious that a character
has any number of careers. That makes it a quite natural case for a
one to many relationship.

> Reasoning in terms of models (e.g. databases) I'd say that it's a better approach to create a different class for the attribute and just connect the attributed to the character, once the character has earned these attributes.

Right.

Kind regards

robert

--
[guy, jim].each {|him| remember.him do |as, often| as.you_can - without end}
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/