Hello Adrian and welcome

Please see my response below.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Adri=E1n Avila <adrian.avila.mtz / gmail.com=

wrote:

> I installed it, but eventmachine doesn't work, I get this error after
> requiring it:
>

> C:/Ruby21/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in
> `require': 126: The specified module could not be found.   -
> C:/Ruby21/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/extensions/x86-mingw32/2.1.0/eventmachine-1=
.0.3/rubyeventmachine.so
> (LoadError)
>

> I've installed the eventmachine gem just fine, but as son I required it I
> get this error, the file exists btw.

I thought I explained in this release notes, going to quote them again just
in case:

#### Existing pre-compiled gems might not be Ruby 2.0 compatible

Ruby 2.1 introduces ABI breakage which means compiled C extensions with
previous
1.9.3 or 2.0.0 will not run against Ruby 2.1.

**DO NOT install Ruby 2.1 on top of existing Ruby 1.9.3 or 2.0.0**, or try
use compiled extensions with it.

You will be required to force compilation of those gems:

    gem install <name> --platform=3Druby

This **will require you have the extra dependencies installed** for that
gem to
compile. Look at the gem documentation for the requirements.

--

This is the same that was reported to Eventmachine issue tracker, and this
was exactly the same response:

https://github.com/eventmachine/eventmachine/issues/536#issuecomment-562567=
72

--

If the note in the release announcement wasn't clear, play say so. I'm not
a native english speaker and seems lot of people have missed these notes

Anything you can think of can improve the message and make it more clear
will be appreciated.

Cheers,
--=20
Luis Lavena