Panagiotis Atmatzidis <atma / convalesco.org> wrote:
> Generally speaking there is some latency in the server but doesn't
> justify almost 60+ seconds of difference :-/

I'd take a look at truss/ktruss/dtruss or whatever system call tracer
which gives timings on FreeBSD and see what syscalls take long.
Because based on the system+user times, it is waiting *something*
external.

I would also take a look at the Faraday gem + dependencies which it
seems to use for HTTP access.  It could be misconfigured TCP knobs
(TCP_NODELAY may be needed, or forgot to uncork the socket on
TCP_NOPUSH).

I suppose you can also try doing the equivalent with the excellent
Net::HTTP::Persistent gem  .

(sorry I don't have any experience with Faraday, but it looks like
you can get it to use different backends...)