On Sep 3, 2014, at 5:17 PM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:

>=20
> On Sep 3, 2014, at 9:31, Andrew Vit <andrew / avit.ca> wrote:
>=20
>> rbenv and chruby depend on these tools for installing all the =
different ruby versions, you could use them directly too if you like:
>>=20
>> https://github.com/sstephenson/ruby-build
>=20
> I'm quite happy using ruby-build either as-is or as an rbenv plugin. =
rbenv can be used in a way that doesn't infect your shell environment at =
all and is quite nice. Clean and sane.

Another option is to install Ruby =93manually=94 - i.e., ./configure =
--prefix=3D/opt/rubies/ruby-2.1.2 && make && sudo make install - and =
then point chruby to those directories.  Good stuff!=