From: ruby-talk <ruby-talk-bounces / ruby-lang.org> on behalf of Quintus <qui=
ntus / quintilianus.eu>=0A=
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 4:23 AM=0A=
To: Ruby users=0A=
Subject: Re: Are we dying?=0A=
=0A=
"Abinoam Jr." <abinoam / gmail.com> writes:=0A=
=0A=
> And if Discourse would be highly transparent and we could interact=0A=
> with "the forum" by e-mail as we do today?=0A=
=0A=
I have no problems with the ML being accessible read-write through a web=0A=
forum interface, as long as it does not result in the large amount of=0A=
spam ruby-talk received from ruby-forum.com. The main problem I have=0A=
seen with (even replyable) notification emails (at least those from=0A=
GitHub) is that they don=92t properly set the references mail header,=0A=
i.e. instead of creating a proper discussion tree in my mail client that=0A=
shows who replied to whom, the result is a starting email to which all=0A=
following responses are mapped directly. This makes it significantly=0A=
harder to follow the branches a larger discussion creates (and=0A=
especially ignoring those branches you are not interested in).=0A=
=0A=
Valete,=0A=
Marvin=0A=
--=0A=
Blog: http://www.quintilianus.eu=0A=
=0A=
I will reject HTML emails.     | Ich akzeptiere keine HTML-Nachrichten.=0A=
                               |=0A=
Use GnuPG for mail encryption: | GnuPG f=FCr Mail-Verschl=FCsselung:=0A=
http://www.gnupg.org           | http://gnupg.org/index.de.html=0A=