"Abinoam Jr." <abinoam / gmail.com> writes:

> And if Discourse would be highly transparent and we could interact
> with "the forum" by e-mail as we do today?

I have no problems with the ML being accessible read-write through a web
forum interface, as long as it does not result in the large amount of
spam ruby-talk received from ruby-forum.com. The main problem I have
seen with (even replyable) notification emails (at least those from
GitHub) is that they don”Ēt properly set the references mail header,
i.e. instead of creating a proper discussion tree in my mail client that
shows who replied to whom, the result is a starting email to which all
following responses are mapped directly. This makes it significantly
harder to follow the branches a larger discussion creates (and
especially ignoring those branches you are not interested in).

Valete,
Marvin
--
Blog: http://www.quintilianus.eu

I will reject HTML emails.     | Ich akzeptiere keine HTML-Nachrichten.

Use GnuPG for mail encryption: | GnuPG fr Mail-Verschlsselung:
http://www.gnupg.org           | http://gnupg.org/index.de.html