Hi all,

Throwing some bytes more on the discussion.

We can't forget that we ALREADY have a FORUM option for the list.
We had some problems with these forum-list gateway in the past.
If Discourse when properly configured could handle both "faces" of our
community it would be really great in my opinion.

I just don't know Discourse enough to be sure it can "mimetize" the
mail only mailing list well.

Stu, I really don't know any other options as qualified for the job as
Discourse.
And remember, we would be using and helping the growth of a tool that uses Ruby.

The Ruby-Lang website is made in Jekyll
https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/about/website/
http://jekyllrb.com/

Ruby Issue tracker is powered by Redmine
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby-trunk
http://www.redmine.org/

We mainly use GitHub as code repository.

I think we really couldn't ignore the fact that Discourse uses Ruby.

Well, weekend is coming, perhaps I'll have time to explorer Discourse
a little bit more and contribute with a more "solid" opinion on the
issue.

Best regards,
Abinoam Jr.