I agree with the fact that using email as a vehicle for communication is
something we don't want to lose. Having an upgrade to ruby-forum.com would
be nice. Is discourse our only option?

Having a centralized area for user contrib tutorials for both clarification
and education, user code commits to further enhance the site as well as
getting back to the basics of mentoring from older community members to aid
noobies to both ruby and programming.

If there is anything I could do to help let me know. I would love to be
participative to the transition and give back to this community what it has
given me.

Stu