Hi Robert (and all),

I am pretty excited with Sam Saffron's answer.

> This is nice. Sam, thank you for offering the hosting. I have never
> tried to move a community from one medium to another. Do you guys
> think it's worthwhile trying? If so we should probably collect
> feedback to judge how many people here would make the move.

We could open a separate thread for a kind of "voting", just to not
pollute the main discussion. And yes Carlo Prelz, it would be great to
hear Matz' opinion.

Here (in this thread) we could try to foresee all possible "problems".

Couldn't we just raise up the Discourse instance and let the message
movement naturally go there? Could we?

One thing I foresse is a smaller number of users. Just because a lot
of the current users (in any list that has a long run) are not active
anymore but just forgot to unsubscribe.

So, If you see a much smaller group on Discourse, we shouldn't see
this as "failure" signal. So this will not bother me in anyway as we
are raising a foundation to grow the participation level of the
remaining and newcomers one.

Another one is "timing". It may take some time for everybody to
"migrate". One or two weeks at least for us to see a good amount of
people on the new media (Discourse).

I see as a GREAT advantage of using Discourse is the possibility for
people to engage only on things they are interested in, and do this in
an easier way. As I said before, people some time have "small fights"
over here just because they have to share "Exactly" the same room. At
Discourse I think we all would be in the SAME HOUSE, but we will be
happier in being at some rooms than in anothers (and not being
prohibited to walk by the entire house).

As Sam Saffron said:
> Discourse has a fair amount of advantages when it comes to running a
> large group, you could segment out groups that need more private
> discussions, or even have "observer only" categories. Talking about
> code is easier with syntax highlighting, markdown has its advantages,
> search is better and so on.

Best regards,
Abinoam Jr.