Sam Saffron <sam.saffron / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to allow non-subscribers to post?
>
> Yes we can do that, I would probably shield it to go to a particular
> category that can be triaged (each category can have distinct incoming
> mail addresses)

OK.  One more thing: is subscription/unsubscription possible via
email-only commands?  The browser support requirements on your
README.md look very steep :<

> Discourse has a fair amount of spam protection built in but we would
> need to beef up the anonymous mail in stuff if we were to enable it in
> high scale / visiblity.

I've had good results with SpamAssassin for over 10 years, so I can
recommend it (spamc + spamd).  The combination of approaches
(rules + Bayes) seems to be a good fit.

Thanks for the info!