> Is there a way to allow non-subscribers to post?

Yes we can do that, I would probably shield it to go to a particular
category that can be triaged (each category can have distinct incoming
mail addresses)

Discourse has a fair amount of spam protection built in but we would
need to beef up the anonymous mail in stuff if we were to enable it in
high scale / visiblity.