On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Kevin Meaney <ktam / yvs.eu.com> wrote:

> Is there a clean workaround?, or do I need to do a check in the home directory .irbrc file to see if there is a .irbrc file in the working directoryand load that (if that is even possible) and also to check that the working directory is not the home directory.

Yes, that would be the proper solution IMHO.  I checked a shell
function as alternative but could not find a good way to make irb load
a specific file.  You may be pull off something by using ruby -r irb
-e 'IRB.start' but that seems overly complicated to me.

Kind regards

robert

--
[guy, jim].each {|him| remember.him do |as, often| as.you_can - without end}
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/