On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Nokan Emiro <uzleepito / gmail.com> wrote:

> What I wanted to ask was if I can force the complex implementation to always
> represent the real and imaginary parts as Rationals or BigDecimals instead
> of occasionally falling back to Floats.

One option would be to create your own class for complex numbers.
It's not that difficult.  Open question remains what happens to these
numbers in some library routines.  See here for some starting info:
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/posts/rklemme/019-Complete_Numeric_Class.html

Kind regards

robert

--
[guy, jim].each {|him| remember.him do |as, often| as.you_can - without end}
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/