Hi, all

Is anyone have idea about this issue? Thanks very much.

Thanks
Sidney

From: ruby-talk [mailto:ruby-talk-bounces / ruby-lang.org] On Behalf Of Luo, Sidney
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 9:07 AM
To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
Subject: how to avoid warning of 'Insecure world writable dir /local_vol1_nobackup in PATH, mode 040777'

I tried in my ruby script to call an external program, then it report a warning of 'Insecure world writable dir /local_vol1_nobackup in PATH, mode 040777', my script stopped.

My question is how to make my script not impacted by this issue with the condition that the path keep to be world-writable, cause the script must work in a public disk!

The option could be don't check the directory's attribute, or the script won't be stopped by warning, or something else,but I don't know how? Could any one help with me? Thanks a lot!

Sidney