On Jul 22, 2014, at 0:12, Adam Wenham <adamwenham64 / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>=20
> I'm been reading The Pragmatic Programmer and have come across the =
concept of 'Design by Contract' =
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_by_contract), which is a concept I =
haven't come across before.
>=20
> It seems like quite a useful technique, so I was wondering what all of =
your thoughts were on the technique in general, and also the benefits, =
drawbacks and alternatives to it's application in Ruby programming =
specifically.

I played with it back in the day when I was evaluating eiffel (DBC was =
first popularized by Bertrand Meyer, designer of the eiffel language). I =
know there was at least one library back in the day for DBC in ruby, but =
I've never used any of them. You might want to check this one out:

https://rubygems.org/gems/dbc

It's old, but I doubt that matters for this topic.