Tony,

The way I accounted for JVM warmup was I had a warmup task that ran a ton
of requests over a minute. Then, I would keep running apache bench until it
topped out. That process often took longer than the warmup if it kept
getting JIT'ed. I figured Reel would end up faster too, but it really
didn't. It could be a config issue, I'm not sure.

-Brian