Hi,

I've written a LaunchAgent which is like a unix daemon but runs as a =
user process, not a root/system process for OS X.

I've written some ruby code for working with the launch agent. A =
collection of library routines, a few scripts and a collection of test =
scripts for testing the launch agent. I've currently got no tests for =
the ruby code itself. I've been using yard to generate documentation.

I'm still new to ruby, and am still at the stage that whenever I look at =
code I wrote a couple of months ago I'm embarrassed.

My question relates to creating a ruby gem. I would like to create a gem =
that can only be installed on OS X, and that can only be installed on =
Mavericks and above. I want to keep the barrier to using my software as =
low as sensibly possible so I'm not interested in installations of RVM =
and the different versions of ruby that it provides access to. I want to =
make sure everything works with the ruby 2.0.0 that comes installed with =
Mavericks and not add complications.

I've been reading the documentation on gemspecs and it is not clear to =
me how I can use the gemfile to limit to OS X Mavericks (or higher) the =
gem can be installed on?

http://guides.rubygems.org/specification-reference/#platform=3D

I know I'm not using ruby here in the way most people here are using it, =
but when I looked at scripting languages to work with the LaunchAgent, =
ruby looked really interesting as a new language to learn coming from an =
Objective-C C++ background.

Some guidance would be appreciated.

Kevin