On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Daniel Marvin <danielmarvin09 / gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's say that I have created a proc like:
>
> a = proc{ puts x }
>
> In this case, x within the scope of the proc does not exist and proc 'a' is
> unable to receive an argument to set it...
>
> If I wanted to take proc 'a' and create another proc, which did include
> arguments...
>
> In fact, lets say I just wanted to grab an existing proc, modify the
> parameters to include |*args|, knowing that within the existing proc, I am
> grabbing my passed variables from the args array, even though they, at that
> point, don't exist...

> Is what I am attempting to do possible? Or is there a work-around that isn't
> *too* hacky?

Frankly, I did not even fully understand what you are attempting to
do.  I mean, technically yes.  And there is no way I can think of that
would work.  But why do you think you need that and what problem do
you want to solve with this?

Kind regards

robert

--
[guy, jim].each {|him| remember.him do |as, often| as.you_can - without end}
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/