On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Eric MSP Veith
<eveith / wwweb-library.net> wrote:
> On Monday 30 June 2014 08:06:35, Wayne Brisette <wbrisett / att.net> wrote:
>> I think it could be multiple things. Ruby as a stand-alone language always
>> seemed to be overshadowed by Rails.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Ruby isn't the sexy new language anymore.
>
> I would second that.

That's true.  And if you look at the Linux desktop there are more
applications with a graphical UI around written in Python than in
Ruby.

> I don't think that Ruby is dying. But that's just my very personal opinion.

Just to avoid misunderstandings: my use of "dying" only referred to
this forum (the mailing list).  Decreased popularity (but not dying)
was just one possible explanation for the effect we see here.  Others
have offered other explanations such as the Ruby mailing list gateway
issues.

Kind regards

robert

--
[guy, jim].each {|him| remember.him do |as, often| as.you_can - without end}
http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/