----- Original Message -----
From: <nagai / ai.kyutech.ac.jp>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 11:44 PM
Subject: Re: Minor Tk bug on Windows?

> From: "Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com>
> Subject: Re: Minor Tk bug on Windows?
> Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:46:25 +0900
> > This problem is still happening to me in
> > 1.6.6... has anyone else seen this?
>
> Probably, current tcltklib.c has memory-allocation problems.
> Some of the problems happen only when Tk event-callbacks very
> frequently occur. Whenever same sequence of events occurs, if
> the events happen not so rapidly, the application has no trouble.
> I'm trying to fix them, but still cannot succeed.
>
> Can you try the recent CVS version (1.7.x) ?
> However it does not complete to fix the problems,
> some of the problems are removed.

Thanks for your reply...

I think that rapidity has nothing to do with this
particular occurrence. It is easily reproducible
100% of the time for me... one keystroke will do
it.

I have never built Ruby on my Windows machine, but
I can try to do it... I should get a newer gcc
first, I think.

Thank you,
Hal Fulton