Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:04282] Re: [[:alnum:]] etc"
    on 00/07/31, Dave Thomas <Dave / thomases.com> writes:

|> > A quick question following a recent post on ruby-list: should we be
|> > documenting the Posix character classes such as [[:alnum:]] in the
|> > book?

|I'm just wondering if there's a good reason _why_ they're not
|documented (perhaps they don't work on SJIS text or some such).

It was because I've left it unfixed till I18N discussion.  For example,
Japanese codeset has two `a's.  One is ASCII 'a', and the other is
wider `a', which has same width to KANJI characters.  [:alnum:] may
have to match with the latter too.

# There are same concerns for \s, \d and \w. which is documented.
# You may say this double standard. ;-)

As long as ASCII characters, It works fine on all encodings which Ruby
supports.  I don't claim strongly that this should be undocumented.
But I must clarify my brain a bit more before making decision.

							matz.