I've released Ruby/Evas 1.0.

Ruby/Evas provides Ruby bindings for Evas.
From the Evas page (http://www.enlightenment.org/pages/evas.html):

Evas is a hardware-accelerated canvas API for X-Windows that can draw
anti-aliased text, smooth super and sub-sampled images, alpha-blend, as
well as drop down to using normal X11 primitives such as pixmaps, lines
and rectangles for speed if your CPU or graphics hardware are too slow.

Screenshots, documentation, and a download are available at
  http://neugierig.org/software/ruby/evas

The wrapper is not yet complete, but I can't forsee the API changing,
just growing.  If anyone uses this, please let me know. :)

--
      Evan Martin
martine / cs.washington.edu