Hi,

Dave Thomas wrote:

> A quick question following a recent post on ruby-list: should we be
> documenting the Posix character classes such as [[:alnum:]] in the
> book?

IMHO, Yes! The more often you have to go scrounging for information
elsewhere, the less useful a reference is, and the less likely a given
feature will be used, thereby lowering the effective capability/utility
of a language. Of course there are cost-benefit and declining ROI and
TTM opportunity cost factors to consider, but unless more than (say)
about 10 micro-acres of text is involved, I think it's probably
worthwhile doing.

(Raise the bar on reference works! Lead the pack, Luke! :-)

--
Conrad Schneiker