Hi all and thanks Matz for a wonderful programming language!

I'm running ruby 1.6.7 and have a simple server (based on TCPServer) and
a client connecting to it with TCPSocket.

This works flawlessly as long as the aHostname string is 'localhost'.
When I switch the aHostname string to a quad-dotted IPv4 address i get:

#ruby shapeclient.rb 193.10.65.97 4711 2
Tries to open 193.10.65.97...
"193.10.65.97"
shapeclient.rb:14:in `open': Connection refused - "connect(2)"
(Errno::ECONNREFUSED)
	from shapeclient.rb:14:in `get_id'
	from shapeclient.rb:32

The "Pragramtic Guide" tells me that:

hostName
The identifier of a network interface:
> a string, which can be a host name, a dotted-quad address, or an IPV6 address in colon (and possibly dot) notation

which i think that 193.10.65.97 falls under...

Plz, help me! Is this a bug?

Sincerily,

Gabriel Paues