On Saturday 15 June 2002 11:00 pm, ccos wrote:
> hey there,
> thanks for the reply.
> i'm a newbie and the opengl doco's in japanese
> so i'm a bit at a loss. i am hitting the unix and c books
> pretty hard now that i have a bit of free time, but it'll
> probably be a little while before i get the hang of what is going
> on behind the scenes, so the help is very
> much appreciated. but, to answer your question:
>
> no i haven't installed the glut package.
> wouldn't the fact that there is no leading
> slash in front of GL (
>
> > glut.c:8: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory
>
> ) indicate that
> it is looking for it in the same directory as
> the opengl stuff?

It's looking for it to be in one of the -I paths (like, for instance,
/usr/local/include/GL/glut.h)

> ...i had the glut stuff installed?
> how/where do i change the include path?
> is this a ruby glut library?

Well, a lot of the answer would depend on what operating system you're
using (you didn't say).

Assuming you're running Linux, you'd want to make sure you'd loaded
the glut and glut-devel packages.

How you load packages depends on your operating system.

On a Red Hat system, you'd use RPM, and you'd install the two packages
off (probably) the Disc 2 of the distribution.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com