Hello,

At 05:13 15/06/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:46:58AM +0900, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> > > If you change the hierarchy of the database, all the code written
> > > for the old hierarchy will have to change to reflect the new
> > > hierarchy.
> >
> > This is so, and why I don't like XMLDB and OODB systems. In my
> > experience, data has value *outside* of how it is manipulated in a
> > particular program. If the data is forced to be structured in a
> > particular way because you've chosen a particular object model and
> > that model is replicated in your data store, it is often difficult
> > to turn that data upside down and look at it a different way.
>
>Which reminds me of ZigZag. [*] Anyone knows of real life uses of
>ZigZag?  It looks like either an great solution or a bigger problem
>(with nothing inbetween).
>
>Massimiliano

I had a look at it sometimes ago. That's fascinating. And of course
one needs to pay attention to whatever Ted Nelson comes with, he
is the generally accepted "inventor" of the hypertext structure
(with *reverse* links, yet to be implemented...)

I just could not figure out *any* case where a ZigZag would help
me... Navigating in a ZigZag is not quite something you can relate
to any other navigational experience you may have had before.

Jean-Hugues