Not wanting to flog a dead horse, but I just wonder what the final word
on the :a notation was?
 http://www.rubytalk.com/blade/5555 (and 5568 and 5592)

Personally I thought it was perfect at the time, and after starting to
use arrays of Symbols for various magic tricks, the appeal hasn't
diminished:
+ small syntax change
+ no problem mixing and matching local versus non-local variables on the
block side.

Maybe I have misunderstood some of the other approaches, but I get the
sinking feeling that the order that the iterator methods yield the
arguments have bearing on what I can do on the block side. I see that
this problem is really defined away by the constraint, but I fear that
this decision can preempt some useful, future usages. (Though I can't
think of any good examples now...)

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Man, it took me hours to write this mail.  Why you guys don't read Japanese?

Working a little bit on that, but at this rate Ruby 3.8 is most likely
to be out before I can make heads or tails of it. :-)

--
(\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_    _~_    __[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]___/~
 ))\_student_/((  \__d L b__/  NTNU - graduate engineering - 4. year  )