Hello,

  I've been learning to use FXRuby and it seems to be a to generate GUI apps.
  I'm having a small problem with an example I'm working on. What I want is a
  FXTextField that when I hit <return> its contents are then displayed in
  another textfield. The first part is easy using the TEXTFIELD_ENTER_ONLY
  flag on the first text field. The trouble that I'm having is when <return>
  is pressed the text is only displayed in the second textfield for a short
  time and the field then blanks itself.

  Below is the relevent snippit of code that I'm using. I have Ruby 1.6.7,
  FXRuby 1.0.10, and fox 1.0.11 installed. Also, the inputs.rb example
  supplied with FXRuby doesn't work correctly; you only see the output text of
  the command when you left-click and drag the mouse over the output window.

  I hope that someone can help me get over this hump!

  TIA, Matthew

class LunchWindow < FXMainWindow

  def initialize(app)
    # Initialize base class
    super(app, "Lunch Counter", nil, nil, DECOR_ALL, 20, 20, 700, 460)
    @ssnValue = FXDataTarget.new("")
    FXLabel.new(nextFrame, "&SSN", nil,
	        LAYOUT_CENTER_Y|LAYOUT_CENTER_X|JUSTIFY_LEFT|LAYOUT_FILL_ROW)

    @ssnInput = FXTextField.new(nextFrame, 13, @ssnValue, FXDataTarget::ID_VALUE,
			  LAYOUT_CENTER_Y|LAYOUT_CENTER_X|FRAME_SUNKEN|FRAME_THICK|
			  LAYOUT_FILL_ROW|TEXTFIELD_ENTER_ONLY)

    # call onSsnInput when <return> is pressed.
    @ssnInput.connect(SEL_COMMAND, method(:onSsnInput))

    FXLabel.new(nextFrame, "Entered SSN", nil,
	       LAYOUT_CENTER_Y|LAYOUT_CENTER_X|JUSTIFY_LEFT|LAYOUT_FILL_ROW)

    # Test field to send output to.
    @echoValue = FXDataTarget.new("");
    @echoField = FXTextField.new(nextFrame, 13, @echoValue, FXDataTarget::ID_VALUE,
		         LAYOUT_CENTER_Y|LAYOUT_CENTER_X|FRAME_SUNKEN|FRAME_THICK|LAYOUT_FILL_ROW)

  end

 # SSN input field callback.
 def onSsnInput( sender, sel, ptr )

    @echoField.text = @ssnInput.text