On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:57:14PM +0900, Dossy wrote:
> Out of curiousity:  what are you doing that requires such precise
> periodic execution?  Embedded software for a pacemaker?  :-)

Five milliseconds of drift is a lot of drift, even for a non-real-time
application, as it only takes 200 iterations to lose a second.  It's not
so important to me that I have precise periodic execution, but more so
that over the course of an hour I get exactly 3600 events (with 5 ms of
drift, I would get roughly 3572 events).  I suppose it's not critical,
but it makes analyzing my log files a lot easier.

Paul