On 2002.06.07, Paul Brannan <pbrannan / atdesk.com> wrote:
> I like the simplicity of this solution.  But if I change:
>   p Time.now
>   puts "#{Time.now.tv_sec}.#{Time.now.tv_usec}"
> then I see quite a lot of drift:
[...]
> Over the course of a day I would expect to eventually lose a second.

Welcome to the world of soft real-time systems.  You're battling
computational overhead (thread, code execution, load on your
system) as well as things like RTC jitter and not having real
high-resolution time ...

Out of curiousity:  what are you doing that requires such precise
periodic execution?  Embedded software for a pacemaker?  :-)

-- Dossy