Robert Feldt <feldt / ce.chalmers.se> writes:

> Ok, so we can't hope for anything better than secs/millisecs without going
> platform-specific then. Point taken on relying on anything less than secs.
> However I'm not relying on them for any critical func; I'm writing some
> performance tests.

Most common hardware does not have a particularly high resolution RTC,
so the limitation occurs even below the software level.

I'd guess your best bet would be to use the benchmark module and call
your code in a loop a couple of million times. You'll need to write a
stubbed version that has just the entry point and a return. Time that
too, and subtract the result from the value for the real routine to
find out how much time your actual code is taking.

(But I bet I'm just teaching you to suck eggs, here, aren't I ;-)

Dave