On May 31, 2014 8:33 AM, "Andrew Vit" <andrew / avit.ca> wrote:

> On 14-05-30, 13:49, Abinoam Jr. wrote:
>>
>> IMHO perhaps #reduce needs at least two values to do his job!
>> It needs to do some operation with the previous value and the next one.
>

> Ah, that seems to make sense, thanks. It still seems surprising that it
doesn't yield the block in only that case. I do wonder if this is intended,
or an oversight.

> Andrew Vit

Intentional. The function in #reduce is binary (2 in => 1 out), but when
there is only one item being reduced (i.e. an empty list & an initial memo,
or a single-item list & no memo) what would you pass to the binary function?

Also: reducing a list of one to a single value is trivial  ;)