--------------026B518A0DE248206247A671

Conrad Schneiker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hipster wrote:
>
> ... snip ...
> > I'm thinking about a kind of (GUI driven) repository containing (links
> > to) code snippets, classes, modules, documentation etc. from the
> > standard libraries, others and yourself. It could retrieve new
> > components from the RAA (protocol to be defined) and send your own
> > components to it; a kind of CRAN, as discussed earlier on this list.
> > Version control would be a requirement, enabling `cvs update' like
> > functionality with user specified granularity. (This would benefit from
> > an hierarchical setup of modules and components e.g.: ruby.lang.*,
> > ruby.net.*, ruby.util.thread, etc.)
>
> Well, that certainly seems like a great idea.
>
> I'd like to figure out how to start with something much simpler (so that I
> would actually get started), yet allow for developments like that without
> having to redo everything later.
>
> > Given Ruby's ability for introspection a kind of `RubyBean' assembler
> > comes to mind for the design/programming bit. A UML-like graphical
> > representation of class lattices would be really cuspy...
>
> I'm not familiar with JavaBeans, although them seem like a powerful tool. Does
> anyone have any detailed ideas for RubyBean architecture?
>
> --
> Conrad Schneiker
> (This note is unofficial and subject to improvement without notice.)

I think that the main thing that JavaBeans do is store the current values of the
object
variables packed into the same file as the tokenized code.  This is like storing
an initialize
section with the object that can be reconfigured before being saved with the
current values.
Given the pieces that are already present it doesn't *seem* to be too much of an
extension of
what is already done.

-- (c) Charles Hixson
--  Addition of advertisements or hyperlinks to products specifically prohibited

--------------026B518A0DE248206247A671
 name
harleshixsn.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Charles Hixson Content-Disposition: attachment; filename
harleshixsn.vcf" begin:vcard n:Hixson;Charles x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:charleshixson / earthling.net fn:Charles Hixson end:vcard --------------026B518A0DE248206247A671--