On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Carlo E. Prelz <fluido / fluido.as> wrote:
>         Subject: Re: Who the f*heck is Tadayoshi Funaba and why can he reject sensible patches unilaterally?
>         Date: sab 03 mag 14 01:23:52 -0500
>
> Quoting Felipe Contreras (felipe.contreras / gmail.com):
>
>> It's because of trivial issues like this that I'm starting to realize
>> why it's never going to get any better.
>
> It is constantly getting better. It may not be getting more *popular*
> (although I have no hard data on this). The two things are quite
> apart. Anyway, I for one am very proud of how the development of my
> favorite language is being carried on. Many thanks + arigato to all of
> you out there.

Indeed, the language is getting better, but not as much as it could,
and not as fast as it could. Specially considering the huge amount of
people that stay away from Ruby MRI where they could be contributing
to it.

But by getting better I didn't mean the language itself, I meant the
popularity of it.

--
Felipe Contreras