On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras / gmail.com> wrote:
>> So my question is: who the f*uck is this guy?
>
> Please relax, Felipe.  I don't know tadf, but I do know _your_ attitude
> on git-ML is not appreciated there, either.

My attitude might not be appreciated, but still I get my patches
merged (which benefit everyone), making me one of the top
contributors[1].

> If your attitude were better, you may do a better job of convincing
> people to accept your changes.

I'm #2 in the list of most prolific contributors in the Git project
for the last year[1]. I think I'm doing OK.

Maybe I could do better, sure, but I already got my patches to MRI's
Time, and Rubinius Time and DateTime, so if I'm the problem here, how
did I manage to achieve that?

And instead of attacking me, how about you take a look at the actual issue?

> If tadf is wrong, then matz may override his decision.  But please be
> nice about it, it's not the end of the world if a bug is not fixed.

Sure it is not the end of the world. But if a simple, straight-forward
bug that has already a fix, and it's obvious to everyone (except one
person) that it's correct, doesn't get fixed and instead a bogus
explanation is given in a language that is spoken by less than 2% of
the population of world... that doesn't give a pretty picture about
the health of the project, does it?

[1] https://www.ohloh.net/p/git/contributors?query=&sort=commits_12_mo

--
Felipe Contreras