On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Avdi Grimm <groups / inbox.avdi.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Jes=FAs Gabriel y Gal=E1n
> <jgabrielygalan / gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Matz said he supported switching off the bridge between the forum and
>> the list, unless the spam coming from the forum was taken care of. I
>> guess they did switched it off, and it seems that most of the traffic
>> was coming from the forum :-(
>

> Personally, if this is the case I'm thrilled, and I hope the change
> "sticks". Ever since it was first plugged in, the web forum has been the
> source of the lowest-quality "please do my homework for me" traffic on th=
is
> list. It's a big part of why I don't participate as much as I used to.
>
> /end crotchety oldster rant.

I guess you are right. But those were the questions that I was able to
answer :D.
I don't do much Ruby at work, and I don't have much time recently for
side projects. At times, this list has been my only way of practicing
Ruby somewhat (I don't like web forums), so I miss it, even the low
quality questions.

But I agree with you, and I'd like to see more discussions about
interesting topics, along with some newbie questions so I can feel
useful :).

Can we do something?

Jesus.