On 03/31/2014 10:55 AM, Panagiotis Atmatzidis wrote:

> On 31  2014, at 19:27 , Joel VanderWerf <joelvanderwerf / gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> lobste.rs
>
> Is this an HN clone? The interface looks neat but who's behind it and how does moderation work? :-)

Yes, it's intended to attract people who prefer to avoid HN, for various
reasons. Read more at:

https://lobste.rs/about

As mentioned on the about page, the source is BSD-licensed on github,
and it's based on Rails 4 / MariaDB:

https://github.com/jcs/lobsters

The transparency policy (also on the about page) is in stark contrast to HN.

It's by invitation, but if you're on the ruby-talk list it should be
very easy to get one. Let me know if you want to be invited, or just put
your name and details on the invitation queue:

https://lobste.rs/invitations

Cheers!
Joel