On 24/02/2014 17:09, Morten Its wrote:

> Phil, I am already reading through that book, currently on page 145.
>
> It teaches the Ruby language great, small examples but I wish it had
> exercises, to really be sure you actually understand. I guess you could
> make up some exercises or pair it with Ruby Koans to be sure you
> understand.
>
> It's also a weird match of programming introduction and teaching Ruby. I
> thought the reader knew what OOP and exception was, but I guess it's
> fair to tell about it for people coming from C for example

Fair comment. I guess its authors were trying to cover all the bases but
I agree some examples would've been nice.

I also absorbed 'The Ruby Way' by Hal Fulton which I really enjoyed but
my copy's ridiculously out of date: 2002. He may have updated it since
2003 but I recommended it regardless.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
Arch Linux, CentOS 6.5, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora 19 & 20, OS X