On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Alex Chaffee <alex / stinky.com> wrote:

> My advice? Free your mind from the tyranny of malloc/dealloc
> and let Ruby carry the load.

AMEN!

It's been said (not sure if "officially", maybe Matz can confirm) that
"Ruby was designed to maximize programmer happiness".  What makes C
programmers UNhappy?  Memory leaks from not freeing malloc'ed objects,
and the drudgery of making sure that doesn't happen!  And I oughta
know, I put up with that for decades.

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, the T. Rex of Codosaurus LLC (www.codosaur.us);
FREELANCE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, AVAILABLE AS OF MARCH 1st 2014;