On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Andrew Solomon <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I claimed that being able to use vim is an essential skill for people
> who code in dynamic languages.

It's useful to know to be able to do quick config changes on remote
systems, but that has nothing to do with developing regardless of
the language used.

"edit your code on the box where it runs" ?? I don't know of anyone
who does that -- you develop and test on your local system and then
deploy that code to remote systems to run.

And FWIW my preferred editor (jEdit) can open an edit buffer on a
remote system via ssh, so what's available on that target system is
really irrelevant to me at least.

YMMV,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder / gmail.com