Hi,

I want to loop through foo.tgz file using the Minitar gem.
When I run my script through Ruby on Rails console the following code will print entire file names no matter how long they are, but when I run the same code from terminal using plain ruby script it prints only the first 100 characters of the name cutting off the rest.
The same happens when trying to store the output into variable.

require °∆fileutils°«
require 'zlib'
require °∆archive/tar/minitar°«

tgz = Zlib::GzipReader.new(File.open(file.path))
tar = Minitar::Reader.new(tgz)

tar.each_entry do |rec|
	print rec.name
end

Anyone has an idea how to get the whole file name in ruby script or what could be causing the different behavior?

Thanks,