Hello guys. I'm new here and on Ruby, so bear with me on this one.

I know that when we define a class method on a class, it's created a
singleton class that gets the definition of that method, and from then
on, that method is an instance method of that singleton class(i got this
conclusion from tests, but i might be wrong, so feel free to correct
me).

My question is, how can i call a class method on a class X with
X.classMethod if the method is defined on a singleton class as an
instance method of that class(i am not asking how can i do it. It is
what happens.).

 It confuses me even more, because i noticed(running some tests) that
the singleton class of a class is not even hierarchically related to the
class it comes from, so, how is a class method call resolved to the
singleton class? And more precisely: how is the class calling a method
on a singleton class that is an instance method, without any instance.

I hope i did not confuse you.

Thank you.