Hi,

Whoever is the first to upload a gem gets to keep this name, even if
inactive.

Is there a way to register a gem with the same name, but as secondary
gem name?

Take the gem called "configuration".

I have a project myself that is called configuration.

Many of my larger projects depend on it, but when I add it
as a dependency, the other configuration is used on
rubygems - and there is no way for me to get in my
version of configuration ever.

This essentially blocks me from using rubygems.org efficiently.

Is there a way to specify the same name but a different project?

The default name would still be whoever is first, but with an
alias I could specify another project instead to use.