On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Wayne Brissette <wbrisett / att.net> wrote:
> I searched through the various archives, and also tried nearly all the ge=
ms related to diff (I don't think some of them are Ruby 2.x compatible alth=
ough they don't mention that). Anyhow, I have a script that compares two se=
ts of files, finds the matching file (the file names don't match, so I'm fo=
rced to look at the XML and compare a <title> field via nokogiri). Once fou=
nd, all I really want to do is do something like the unix diff between the =
two files. I realize I can use %x(diff file1 file2), but that's not going t=
o work with my windows coworkers. Most of the diff gems I've found either m=
ake a mess of the output, or are so woefully documented that I couldn't get=
 the diff to really find the differences between the two files.

> Anybody have any luck with any of the gems out there? If so, any hints on=
 getting output that remotely looks like the diff output?

There seem to be some XML diff tools out there but I am not aware of any ge=
m.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=3Dxml+diff

Kind regards

robert