Kaustubh Chaudhari wrote in post #1135891:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if i am bothering you all with a silly question. I am new to
> programming itself not just to ruby.
>
> print "what is your age? "
> age = gets.chomp()
> puts "So you are %s years old.", %age
>
> This is not working as expected. It is erroring out  "unterminated
> string
> meets end of file"

If we look at your last line, and remove the syntax sugar, we get one of
these:

  puts("So you are %s years old.", %age)
  puts("So you are %s years old.",).%(age)

The first one is invalid because `%age` by itself doesn't make sense,
and the second one is bad because you have a trailing comma in the list
of parameters to `puts`.

I suspect what you meant was:

  puts("So you are %s years old.".%(age))
  # or with some sugar:
  puts "So you are %s years old." % age

Note that `%` is a method on the String class.