Dossy wrote:

> Float allowing division by zero is certainly not of least surprise
> to me.  ;-)

Yeah, I think it is sort of silly, too.  From what I remember of my math,
dividing by zero is "illegal".

However, IEEE 754 (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. IEEE
Standard for Binary Floating-Point Arithmetic. ANSI/IEEE Std 754-1985.)
defines rules for operations such as this, and it specifies that n/0 ->
Infinity, -n/0 -> -Infinity, and 0/0 -> NaN.  Because of this, I'm a little
surprised that Integer math in Ruby doesn't follow the same rules.

--
 |..  5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions.
<|>
/|\
/|