If are coming from other programming languages, there are few things in
Ruby that would change your vision about programming in general.

1. Everything (with few exceptions) is an object in Ruby.
2. There are tons of methods for objects like String or Arrays. Makes your
life easier.
3. There is no real use of for loops in Ruby. Instead, the .each method is
quite common.
4. If you haven't used blocks or procs before, you will be simply blown
away by their functionality.
5. Classes are much simpler, cleaner, shorter and more configurable than
anything you might have used.

If that's what you wanted to know, you could have probably mentioned the
background before.
But anyway, if that gets you interested, there is a really good intro that
Josh Cheek few years back, called as Ruby-Kickstarter (available on
Github).