Hi,

Perhaps this is more of a cygwin question, but here goes...

I've made a ruby binding, and it works great in the cygwin environment.  Now,
I'm trying to package my application so that others can use it.  So, I've done
the following:

1.) create a bin, lib, src folder
2.) put cygwin-ruby16.dll, cygwin1.dll, ruby.exe, the dll I made a ruby binding
to and any other important dlls into bin
3.) put needed rb and .so (including the ruby binding I've made) files in the
lib
4.) put the main application in src

Problem is, when I run it

c:\app> bin\ruby -Isrc -Ibin -Ilib src\myapp.rb

I get the following error:

ruby 1.6.7 (2002-03-01) [i386-cygwin]
     24 [sig] ruby 1712 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
ruby.exe.stackdump

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about dynamic and static libraries, but when
I create an .so file with the help of extconf.rb, are the location of the dlls
the .so file depends on hard coded?  The reason I ask this is that, it seems to
be looking for the dlls in the c:\cygwin\... directories.  When I leave the
cygwin directory intact, it runs perfectly.  However, when I rename the cygwin
directory (for example to cygwin-temp), then the above error occurs, despite the
fact that the needed dlls are located in .\bin (this was checked by running
cygcheck)

Is there a way to specify where the dll files are dynamically?  I don't
understand why this isn't working (for example, tk libs work fine).  Or, am I
missing something?

Thank you,

--
Norman Makoto Su